If you didn’t grow up in poverty, you may be unaware of the “hidden rules” that govern many aspects of life for the poor. People in poverty are often in survival mode, and support systems taken for granted in middle class and wealth are largely nonexistent. If your business, agency or organization works with people from poverty, a deeper understanding of their challenges – and strengths – helps you partner with them to create opportunities for success.
Bridges Out of Poverty is a uniquely powerful tool designed for social, health and legal services professionals. Based in part on Dr. Ruby K. Payne’s myth-shattering A Framework for Understanding Poverty, Bridges reaches out to millions of service providers and businesses whose daily work connects them with people in poverty. You’ll find case studies, detailed analysis, helpful charts and exercises and specific solutions you and your organization can implement right now to:
- redesign programs to better serve the people you work with
- build skill sets for management to help guide employees
- upgrade training for front-line staff like receptionists, caseworkers and managers
- improvement treatment outcomes in healthcare and behavioral healthcare
- increase the likelihood of moving from welfare to work